Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday 1-28-2009

Thrusters 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Billy: Before I report my numbers, did you guys watch the video from a few days back of that guy doing 300 # thrusters and 500 # deadlifts? Was that dude a monster or what!? I mean I get plenty of "what is that guy doing" looks, but you walk into a gym and start throwing that kind of weight around and people stop scoffing and stand there with their jaws on the floor.

Anyway, now for my paltry numbers: 115; 135; 155; 185; 195; 200 (body weight, almost had it but failed). When I got back to my office I realized that I somehow miscounted my reps and so I owe coach one max effort. In addition to the thrusters I did snatches: 115# x 10 and 135# 2 x 5. Alright, glad that's out of the way and it felt good . . . only 100 pages, 2 poems and 100 push ups to go! I hope everybody is well--esp. Shelly's tummy!

Andy: That guy is a beast. Here are my numbers: 1 rep max thrusters- 115, 135, 155, 165, 185, 195, 195. Don't think I could have lifted even a pound more. Tough exercise.

Shelly: I don't really see the point in doing heavy, maxout efforts. So I did 30 minute interval cardio on the eliptical and then 4 sets of overhead db press, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 4 sets of reverse lateral raises and 40 small circles (10 forward, 10 back.....) with 5 lb. plate. It was a good shoulder workout. We'll see about tomorrow! Tummy is good- Thanks Billy!

Ben:267 (15 min jog)

Brit:237

No comments:

Post a Comment