Friday:
Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps
Billy:
Shoulder Press: 85, 105, 135, 145, 155
Push Press: 135, 145, 155, 165, 165
Push Jerk: 135, 145, 155 and had to quit to take Billy to school, but truth be told I really wasn't feeling like doing much more. I've never felt my abs hurt so bad doing an exercise that ostensibly has nothing to do with abdominal muscles. I guess it just goes to show how much we could or should be using the core for power in other movements.
Andy:
Shoulder press: 135,145,155,165,175
Push Press: 155,165,175,185,195
Push Jerk: 95,105,125,145,165
Haven't been staying up with the workouts lately. Been in a bit of a funk. This workout felt good. Push jerk is an interesting workout. Lot of abs and lower back strength as billy said.
Shelly: Shoulder Press: 65, 75, 85, 85, 85
Push Press: 85, 85, 85, 85, 85
Push Jerk: 85, 85, 85, 85, 85
Thusday:
Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions
25 Knees to Elbows
Billy: 35:32 (Subbed #55 dumbell swings; decline situps; #20 good mornings; hanging knee raises) So it was a suborama and I'm still feeling serious core and hamstring pain.
Shelly: 22:03 Did 15 reps of everything. Used 35# for db swings; decline situps all the way down; back ext.; hanging knee raises. My hands were killing me on the hanging portion- had to break into sets of 5.
Andy: 54:34 This workout just about brought me to my knees. Didn't sound that hard but after round one the wheels fell off. The 70ld dumbell swings were killer combined with the abdominal situps. The back extensions gave you a little cardivascular break but took any strength I may have had out of my back. The knees to elbows killed my time. Had to do sets of 5. This workout exposed my deficiencies in core strenghth. Something that needs improvement. Thats what makes crossfit so great. I am hands down as physically strong as I have ever been.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment