Billy
School started this week so its been and adventure.
Mon:
5 x 5 #175 (77%)
Tue:
Light biceps and shoulders
Wed:
"Jack"
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
115 pound Push press, 10 reps
10 KB Swings, 1.5 pood
10 Box jumps, 24 inch box
Rounds = 7 + 3pp
Thurs:
Insanity w/ Ingrid (took it real easy)
Fri.
Heavy Cleans
1 x 6 #215 (supposed to be 93% but I can't make #210 on the bar)
then
For time: 4 rounds of
25 KB swings 1.5 pood
10 burpees
Time: 8:21
I usually stay away from politics and the rest, but I watched some of this docu-film last night and I couldn't sleep afterward. I'm not a dove-pacifist--if it ever comes time to fight for something I really believe in I hope I'm courageous enough to go to the wall and beyond if necessary. But as I watched what war had done to these young men I couldn't help but think that the evil men who wage war in the name of nationalism, or so-called national defense, at the sole expense of the lives of young men and women will have to answer to God for what they've done. The arm-chair generals don't spill their blood nor do they have their lives, minds, and even souls damaged by the horrors and losses of intense, sustained combat. Don't get me wrong--I believe in the principles that underpin America's great political and social experiment. I also believe in sustaining those principles at the highest cost. However, what was the point of the outpost in restrepo and was whatever, if anything, was gained worth the price those men had to pay? Last thought, then I'll shut up, the nation that damaged those men better do everything in its power, use every resource it has to make sure those men don't end up in gutters on the streets of the nation that sent them to war.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment