Saturday, May 23, 2009

Whoa! Its been awhile

So I've been out of the game for about 3weeks. Between by elbow, working at dad's and just general living I've had to modify my approach to crossfit. My elbow still hurts bad so I'm pretty much limited to light weights. I'm still doing lots of snatches, cleans, and thrusters, but with just the bar or up to 135. I've been really trying to work on core and legs with front squats, squats, lunges, box jumps, etc. My OHS is a solid 10 to 15 reps at #95 but I'm afraid to go any heavier--my elbow and they put up a sign at the gym that reads "Zero Tolerance: Anyone dropping weights will be asked to leave immediately, esp. while doing oly lifts." One of the trainers I know even said they were thinking of banning all olympic lifts. I hope not but it wouldn't suprise me if they did. Anyway, here's a summary of my work this week:

Mon: 3 rounds 10 rep each of #95 hang cleans and muscle snatches plus 3 rounds 5 each of #95 squat cleans and split snatches

Tue: I can't remember

Wed: 1 1/2 hr. ride. I set a new pr. up Old San Marcos Rd. 22 min (its three miles of incline with no level or decline). 1380 calories burned.

Thurs: 5-5-5-5-5 front squats with body weight (#205) and then finished with a #225 10 rep back squat.

Fri: "Bear" workout w/#95 and no pull-ups. Plus 1 hr. 25 min ride on pretty much all flat land: 23 miles and 1330 calories burned

Sat: 1 hr. ride 18 miles and 851 calories burned--my legs just had nothing today.

That's enough for now. I'll try to get back into the swing of posting regularly. Hope everybody is doing well and Shelly is growing that little boy strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment